Want to get back into shape after the Christmas festivities of last month? Well, here’s a coconut yoghurt recipe that will help you fit back into those jeans for the new year!
Firstly, you would need to make the Coconut Yoghurt:
- It is always a good thing to firstly make sure that all of your equipment is sterilized.
- Mix the sugar and then the thickener into a small cup and keep aside.
- Next, pour the coconut milk into a small pot and make sure that you stir until it is nice and smooth.
- You now want to heat the milk to a temperature of approximately 50-52 degrees Celsius and constantly stir to prevent it from burning.
- Pour out 125ml of the coconut milk from the pot and be sure to mix it into the dry ingredients. You can use either a whisk or a fork to vigorously mix it into a smooth paste.
- Add this mixture together with the thickener mixture into the pot and stir well.
- Now heat the coconut milk to a lower heat until the mixture has started to get thick. Once this happens, it is time to transfer it back into the jar that came with the kit.
- Now cool the milk to approximately 40 degrees Celsius and then stir in the cultures.
- Allow to ferment for about 18 hours in a relatively warm region of 35 degrees Celsius.
- In the morning, check that the yoghurt has gone slightly sour and thick. If not, just allow to ferment for another 5 hours or so until it has thickened. Once thick, chill in a fridge where it will thicken even more.
Now’s the fun part – making the pudding!
You will need the following:
- 200ml of the Mad Millie Coconut Yoghurt that was just made
- 50ml of Full Cream or Low Fat milk
- 2 tbsp of chia seeds
- A squirt of lemon juice
- ½ cup of blueberries
- ½ ripe mango cut into small cubes
- 10ml of Vanilla extract or essence
- Mix together the coconut yoghurt, vanilla essence and milk into a bowl.
- Mix in the chia seeds.
- Cover and be sure to chill for at least a half an hour in the fridge.
- Take the lemon juice and place it on the cut mango pieces.
- Spoon the yoghurt mixture into a jar and then add the fruit.
- If it is not sweet enough, you may add either some Golden or Maple Syrup.