Hop Cross Bun Brown Ale – Mini Mash Recipe
This is the perfect and yet easy to brew recipe for the Easter Holidays!
- 1 x Mangrove Jack’s Traditional Series Rustic Ale Pouch
- 1 x Black Rock Unhopped Creamy Brown Extract
- 50g Best Special X Malt
- Grain Bag
- Zest of ½ Orange/Lemon
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1/8 tsp Mixed Spice
- 50g Amarillo Hop Pellets
- Clean and sanitize your fermenter, airlock, lid and mixing paddle.
- Put 50g of Best Special X Malt into your Grain bag.
- Add the grain bag, cinnamon sticks, mixed spice and orange zest to fermenter.
- Add 3L of boiling water to your fermenter.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour the liquid malt extract from the Mangrove Jack’s Traditional Series Rustic Brown Ale Pouch into the fermenter and squeeze out the remains.
- Add the contents of the Black Rock Unhopped Creamy Brown Extract and stir until completely dissolved.
- Top up to 23L with cold water.
- Remove Grain Bag.
- Check the liquid temperature is below 23C then add the contents of the yeast sachet (included in the Traditional Series Pouch)
- Ferment at 20-25 C for 5 days.
- On day 5 of fermentation, add your dry hops and continue to ferment for 5 days. Once SG has reached 1.006 and has been stable for 3 days fermentation is complete.
- Your beer is now ready to be bottled or kegged.
Cheers, and may you all have a Hoppy Easter!!